Wednesday, March 19, 2008

No Pasta Lasagna

My husband is not fond of pasta.  I know, it’s weird. lol  Sometimes it is hard to cook for him because there are so many dishes that have pasta in them. 

Last week I decided to concoct a pasta free lasagna.  Here’s a picture of it before I cooked it.  Sorry, I don’t have an after picture.  This pic will help you to see the layers. 

My husband said this was the best lasagna he had ever eaten.  When he had the leftovers the next day for lunch, he said again how much he enjoyed it.  That made me feel pretty good.  :)  This lasagna would also work well for someone that wants a low carb dish.

Here’s what I did . . .

These are in order by layer, with the bottom layer listed first.

  1. spaghetti sauce (I included a lot of meat b/c he really likes meat.)
  2. fresh steamed spinach
  3. cottage cheese mixed with 2 eggs and minced garlic
  4. shredded cheddar cheese
  5. parmesan cheese
  6. crushed red pepper
  7. steamed cabbage
  8. spaghetti sauce
  9. shredded mozarella cheese

I did not use a traditional marinara for this lasagna.  My husband likes the vodka spaghetti sauce, so I bought the sauce.  You can find it in most grocery stores.

I made a small lasagna for him and a regular lasagna for me and the kids.  lol  I always make enough lasagna to freeze a little for lunches.

I baked these on 350 until it was hot and bubbly (about 45 minutes).  Let me know if you have any questions.  Enjoy!

Tags: lasagna, low carb, pasta free, recipe