Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Kinda in a funk

Current Mood: Annoyed

So last night I broke my car.  I was backing out of the carport and was just a little to close to the post.  My mirror hit the post, and it almost tore right off.  Hubby was able to tape it up, but I have a feeling it’s going to be very expensive to fix.  It’s a powered mirror with heating, and the power still seems to be working.  Hubby’s going to phone around to see what it’s gonna cost us.  The mirror itself is completely smashed, but holding together.  7 years of bad luck for me!

Then, after Choir practice was over last night, I was going to practice the Psalm cantor (Solo) for Sunday when suddenly, completely out of the blue, the Choir Director asked another lady to sing it with me.  I was a bit hurt because it made me feel like he thought I couldn’t handle it on my own.  I’ve done cantoring before, and I sang a solo for our Advent concert.  To top it all off, the lady who will be singing with me is not my most favourite person in the world.  She’s not a bad singer or anything, she just has a terrible attitude.  As we were practicing, she felt it necessary to tell me how to sign the Psalm because “she knows what she’s doing”.  UGH!

I know that in the grand scheme of life, these things are really not that bad, but it’s put me in a foul mood none the less.

/end whining session