Sunday, May 4, 2008

Cheetos Cracker Trax

Filed under: Snacks, Cheese, Raves & Reviews, Stores & Shopping, New Products

The new Cracker Trax crackers from Cheetos advertises itself as "dangerously cheesy." I'm here to tell you that isn't true.

The new crackers come in two flavors: Cheesy Cheddar and Spicy Cheddar. My supermarket didn't have any of the spicy variety, but I did buy the cheesy, and they leave a lot to be desired. Oh, they aren't bad, but they just aren't cheesy enough. They smell really cheesy (it will hit you once you open the bag) and they look and feel cheesy, but once you put them in your mouth, the cheese taste seems to evaporate instantly, and you're left with the taste of a plain cracker.

I don't know, I really love cheese and maybe I'm just a person that looks for a lot of cheese taste in their foods (especially when they are labeled as "dangerous"), but these just didn't do it for me. I'll stick with other Cheetos snacks.

Permalink | Email this | Comments