Sunday, May 4, 2008

All you need is a plastic bag

Filed under: Vegetables, Fish, Magazines, Trends

I'm always up for experimenting in the kitchen, and one of techniques that interests me most is Sous-vide, a cooking method in which ingredients are placed in a plastic bag and cooked in water at controlled temperatures. Recently, Wired Magazine published a short article about it that has only furthered my intrigue. The article features former Microsoft Chief Technical Officer Nathan Myhrvold, who has become the Sous-vide expert within the online culinary community eGullet. Myhrvold gives some tips for Sous-vide cooking, and hints that he may release a book about it "someday."

The article inspired me to seek out other Sous-vide resources on the web. I found this Sous-vide blog, and this thread on Cooks Illustrated. If anyone has any experience or tips for cooking this way, please please share!
Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments