Saturday, March 15, 2008

My day in Beaverton

So yesterday, I went out to Beaverton, OR to visit Katie and to go to a book signing by Kim Harrison. The book signing was at Powell's Bookstore, which I have to mention is HUGE. Katie was telling me that the big store (Powell's CITY of books) is really a CITY of books. I can't imagine the other stores being bigger.

The trip down there was pretty uneventful. I mean 2 hours driving on I-5... Boring! But I persevered, knowing that at the end of the 2 hour drive, I would be meeting Katie and Kim Harrison.

When I got there, I had to call Katie to let her know I was there, and meanwhile I had 2 hours to waste before the actual book signing. They had a place at that "mall" that the bookstore was in called "The Mac store" but it wasn't a "real" Mac store, it was just a store that had Mac stuff. It had some great stuff in there, I just don't have money to spend on such things right now!

When Katie got there, we ended up eating at Panera bread company, of where she has never been. I had to edumacate her that everything there was pretty much good, especially the French Onion soup. (I'm a regular Asiago Roast Beef / French Onion Soup person myself!) Of course, Katie doesn't like onions (I never knew!) but she ordered the Tuna sammich and Tomato soup. She liked the tomato soup, and she remarked, "It reminds me of spaghetti... I have simple tastes." LOL Ok, Katie, as long as you like it.

When we finally got to the book signing after spending much time yapping in Panera about nothing, we ended up sitting in the back. Which wasn't exactly the greatest idea. When the book signing actually came, that's right, we were the last to get our books signed. I'm sure Kim was tired and had carpal tunnel by the time we got to her. People had some great questions for her, some of which I'll relay, the ones that I remember at least. I have a bad memory you know. Q&A with Kim Harrison after the bump.

All in all, it was a great day, we spent 2 hours in the signing, only because we were in the back. But it was fun, we got to yapper again, mainly about nothing. I did give Katie my address, so she's now an "official" stalker. Cool! I told her, "Now you can stalk me!" She replied, "Like I'm not already?" LOL She's so funny!

(more...)