Thursday, March 13, 2008

Emergency Fund Back To Zero ! (pfblogs.org)

Previously to seeing the car we got the VIN # from the owner and pulled a history report, on the vehicle which verified that there had been only one owner and that there was no record of flooding, serious accidents or a rolled back odometer.Here is an actual picture of the car outside of the storage facility:-->The owner was kind enough to let my mechanic pick up the car earlier Friday morning and take it back to his shop to thoroughly inspect it. After inspecting it he called me at work to tell me that he found it to be in excellent mechanical condition. He even suggested that if I didn't want to buy it he would be interested.Finally, that afternoon I met with the gentleman who had the signed title and Bill of Sale by the owner. I haggled with him and the owner (via his cell phone) for about 20 minutes, when we finally settled on the price of $2,500. Although, I was hoping to get him down to $2,200 my mechanic told me that we still got a really good deal considering the condition of the car. After purchasing the car I took it to the ...